View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: 2 quick So Cal No limit questions

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info guys. I have not played live in probably about 8 months. These short buy NL games are just what I was hoping to find. I have a few buddies that play at our home game but wont be comfortable with a $100 buyin. I wonder, are these $40 and $50 games worth sitting in for a 2+2 type of player or would I be better off just going to the standard $100 or $200 buyin games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't plan on making a living in these games. That said, the popularity of NL is so great and the buy-in so low that these games are almost always extremely loose crazy from what I've seen. The collection is proportionally huge but you won't find low limit regulars trying to nurse one buy-in like they do in the Las Vegas spread limit stud. So even though the clubs take three or four buy-ins per hour off the table five or far more times that many buy-ins are fed in so a decent player can make a score and probably even beat it as long as the games stay good.

~ Rick

PS Also note the drop is taken from the pot, few of which you will win in such a loose game so if you play sensibly it won't hurt as much as you think.