Thread: FF controversy
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2005, 02:48 AM

Default FF controversy

As I posted here elsewhere, I got lucky this week in one of my leagues. I only scored 28 points but the team I played scored just 26, partially because he left his w/r spot open after making a trade this week.

That is until half way through the MNF game when then the commish put the guy he had traded for (chad johnson) into the w/r spot. I of course protested and his reasoning was that he just forgot to put him in and shouldnt be punished.

My argument, Well of course he wanted to start him but thats becide the point. He made a mistake, he should have to deal with it. I meant to start eli manning instead of bledsoe but I forgot to make the change. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

This a yahoo league, so the decision had to be made before the week was considered final. I only know one guy in the league, he's a good friend who's been in the same league for 5 years. The amount we play for is pretty substantial for me, and I assume more so than anyone else, as I am college student and they're all 35+.

The guys who participated in the debate more or less agreed that johnson should be put in. But he was ultimately taken out thanks to my constant whining, and I got the win for the week.

I am in 1st place in this league and the commish is tied for 2nd. The guy I played this week is in last. Im sure everyone wanted me to lose and they tried to take advantage of the situation. So please tell me I was right.