View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: sorry sir your tricks will not work on me

well i might as well post the results of the hand. like i said i put him on a wide range which could include a big pair but also includes crap. since he knows this he would never not value bet a big pair since mine looks like some 99 looking him up.

in the hand, he checked behind with 67s. guess he was waiting for his straight on 6th.

though i think i played it ok and obviously got some money from a hand that completely missed the flop, i think this hand illustrates how important it is to be aware of stack sizes. had i been more aware of how short i would be on the river, a better line would have been to weak lead turn and hope he raises. i think this line works best if i have a pot sized bet left because he shoves every time. and el d is right about when i am super deep, then a "blocking bet" would be pretty sweet if he really has balls.

so yeah i thought this hand was interesting mostly for the purposes of showing how being aware of stack sizes can make or break a hand. i think if i lead 150 on the turn he might shove.