View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 09:16 PM

Default What\'s my line on the flop?

About 300 left in a 5+1 rebuy on Party that pays top 120. Blinds are 200/400. A lot of limping going on at my table and aggression has been pretty rare.

Important players:
Hero: t12,500
Villain: 13,000

5 folds. Villain (who has frequently limped from MP and LP) limps in from 1 before the cutoff. He has played reasonably well post-flop and he does not limp reallyweak hands. His range is probably any low-medium pair and from 9Ts and up (excluding AK).

I am dealt QTo and decide to try to take the pot right here. My image is pretty TAG and I have only shown down strong hands the past few orbits. I raise to 1800, the BB calls and so does the Villain.

Flop comes Q,Q,K with two hearts. BB and villain check to me and I bet around half the pot. BB quickly folds and villain minraises me. Hero...

At this point I want to make my decision right now instead of calling down, which will put a serious dent in my stack if I'm beat. I don't put the villain on a bluff and a drawing hand also seems unlikely. I'm thinking he could have a king but his minraise leads me to believe I might be up against a stronger queen.

What's my play? Fold, push, call and reevaluate the turn? This hand had me really confused...