View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Poker on TV should have a disclaimer....

I am sure this has been brought up before but I wanted to hear some thoughts about stations adding a disclaimer before every TV poker event. (some show may already do this)

Something stating that the cards and play we are about to see has been edited for content. I would even go so far as have them stating how many hands we are seeing out of how many were played. Just to add perspective to what really goes down during a long final table.

If we were to watch a late night repeat sporting event, they would be sure to let us know when they forward ahead in the game due to time constraints. Why not poker?

I know this makes no difference to most of the readers here if they had one or not. But I think it would go a long way in helping the overall game. Even if a handful of people re-thought their play it would be worth it.

The average Joe, (most of my friends) believe that holdem is played this way and all hands are all-in situations. Doesn't bother them that chip counts change every commercial break. It's a non-issue or a mystery to them.

I know myself would like to see more of the in-between grind em out hands but we all know "this isn't good TV". At least let the non-educated viewing audience in on the secret.