View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Drawing to the nut flush on a paired board

I'd probably limp this pre-flop with a few people already in, but a raise can't be that bad.

On the flop, I'd actually rather not see it rainbow with those callers. With so many, I'm pretty nervous about a king. However, no one has shown anything yet, and gutshots would also have the immediate odds to call. What's all that mean? I think a flop peel is fine, and see what develops.

On the turn, I don't think I could get away from this hand. It certainly looks like there's at least one king out there, probably 2. On the other hand, I wouldn't think you're drawing dead, either. K9 and 99 are reduced possibilities since you hold a 9, and K4 isn't too likely, either.

On the river, I'd bet/call, mostly for the reason you brought up, slightly because even though it's only a bd flush that got completed, I'd hate for CO to bet nervous and check behind (unlikely). Plus, even if they're both still sitting there with 9's (unlikely) and feel they're beat since you came alive on the river, they'd be compelled to pay off a bet.