View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: OFFICIAL TEAM RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I accept it when playing the fishbowl that is the $55 SNGs on Party. Bad players = more bad beats, but is very much +EV for me long term. But when a 2+2er makes such a terrible terrible call it makes me wonder why I am giving out advice. If people don't listen I guess I am wasting my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you assume that because someone is 2+2 they are automatically great players? That's like assuming that the fish never have Aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but I give people on 2+2 credit for knowing basic +/- EV calls. I guess I shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if it was a bad call? or even a terrible call? I think even the best of players make mistakes sometimes. Add to that the fact that it was a 2+2 tourney, and I'm willing to guess a lot of the guys didn't really care if they were playing "optimally".

It was a $20 tourney, which isn't that much for many people. You, believe it or not, make some mistakes that people better than you probably recognize as huge flaws. Perhaps there are people that make huge flaws that you can recognize and they can't. I'm sorry if the $20 was a huge blow to your bankroll, or if not winning was a huge blow to your ego.

Complaining about it is not going to make us all believe you are truly a great player for "knowing" you were ahead when you put your chips in the middle.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're obviously completely missing the point here. It's not worth my energy.