View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: looking for discussion on argument against open-completing

[ QUOTE ]
That's interesting, Wynton. I would like to read that discussion. But let me ask you this...with two cards suited under T, like 97s, 87s, 85s, etc., if you open-raise from the SB, how do you play post flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I am very unqualified to answer, because my blind play really sucks. But I do believe that this prior discussion - if it ever occurred anywhere other than my imagination - considered the ramifications of open-limping vs open-raising against: (1) players who defend with anything; (2) players who defend selectively; (3) players who over-react by 3-betting excessively; (4) players who always call the bet, but don't continue on the flop without a piece...etc.

As for those particular hands you mention, I think that I would dump them if I was up against someone who tended to contest the blinds vigorously. They're just too tricky for me to play. Against a more manageable opponent, I might raise with those hands, autobet the flop and then re-evaluate on the turn. That approach might cost more than open-limping those particular hands, but it could also lead the opponent to pay you off on future hands when you connect with superior starters.