View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Blackhawk, CO: Golden Gates Poker Room?

[ QUOTE ]
What is the structure of these tourneys. starting chips, blinds, etc.

I have been thinking about hitting some of them and just havent been up there yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
The Gilpin and CCS are the two places to look for tournaments. The Gilpin is definitely the place with the widest variety. If you're looking for the best structure, it's going to be in the big Saturday and Sunday tournaments at The Gilpin and CCS. Standard $50-$70 Gilpin tournaments usually have t1500 starting stacks with blinds starting at 25/50 and rules varying from there depending on the tournament. The $250 Big Boys tournament starts with t4000. I don't know the structure on their new $100 tournaments, but I see they've added a $100 with 2 $100 rebuys on saturday nights (as opposed to the $100 freezeout on wednesdays). I personally really like the Psycho 50 tournament at The Gilpin. There ends up being a lot of chips in play and there are a lot of fools padding the prize pool with a bunch of foolish rebuys. The last one I bubbled out of (on Joe Tall night) had a first prize of $2500 - not bad for a $50 tournament.

If you play CCS's Sunday tournament, plan on it being $315. CCS lets you buy rebuys for their tournaments beforehand and then you get 1.5x the chips as if you buy during the tournament. What's more, you can get the chips after the first hand, regardless of your stack, so it really amounts to just getting more chips for a bigger buy-in, as opposed to a real rebuy tournament. For instance, if you play their big tournament on sundays, it's $115 plus two $100 rebuys. You get t2000 chips, but when you take the two rebuys before the tournament, you're effectively in a $315 tournament with t8000 starting chips. They do run satellites into this tournament for something like $35.

I haven't played any of Mountain High's tournaments, because none of them ever interested me. I haven't heard anything good about them and I think they start a bit earlier on the weekdays, so they're tough to get to on time.

The Gilpin's Tournament Schedule
Central Station's Tournament Schedule