View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Messing up while multi tabling

I was only 4 tabling and early in the session after just getting home from a night out. I noticed pretty quickly though that my synapses were not firing as quickly as they should. As a result, I packed it in shortly after this hand.

Had action at all 4 tables when I messed this one up. UTG is loose fish. SB is tight passive. Not that the reads make any differene because I doubt I noticed. Anyhow, easy preflop call.

On the flop my play looks ok. Hope UTG has a pp smaller than Kings that he will raise and knock out SB who may have a bare Ace that could outdraw me on turn or river. In reality, because I was looking at the other tables, glanced back at this hand, saw I flopped top pair, had no idea what the preflop action was, or even what position I was in, I bet.

On the turn I take another quick look, see I am still ahead, and bet again.

On the river I see the Ace and 2 guys still hanging around and decide to check call. It was after UTG bet and SB called that I finally noticed I had made 2 pair on the turn. Easy call.

How idiotic is my river play with or without the 2nd pair? (This is rhetorical - it is extremely idiotic)

Without the 2nd pair I should be betting. If I am ahead I am asking one of these guys to bluff at a 3 handed pot. More likely they only bet with an Ace. Win the min, lose the max situation. Gotta bet.

With the 2nd pair I should probably still bet but checking with the intention of check raising isn't a bad idea. I was accidentaly given this opportunity and didn't put in the raise.

I think I blew it on the river no matter what. At least I recognized quickly how badly I was playing and quit. Interestingly I was up about 40 big bets in about 20 minutes at the time.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB