Thread: John Smith
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Re: John Smith

[ QUOTE ]
i thought that we were supposed to make a post here to notify people of why people are banned and when they were banned, etc, in order to clarify things for other mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the policy, I'm obviously not a fan. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've always viewed this forum as a place to talk about overall policies and relatively controversial moderation decisions. But that's just me.

[ QUOTE ]
did this guy spam all the mods except censored with a please reinstate thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't message me, but I can't speak for anyone else. I've just seen a lot of what I was talking about going on lately, especially with [censored]'s bannings. A person doesn't think he deserves to be banned, so he messages the mod he feels is most likely to sympathize with him.

I just wish they would take it up with the mod who banned them rather than trying to get another mod to do something about it. If they don't know the specific mod who banned them (fairly rare in OOT), it's a bit more understandable. But even then, it would be nice if they took it up with a mod from the forum they believe the ban originated.