View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: POV from somebody that\'s performed circumcisions

Of course people shouldn't agree with his every opinion. That doesn't mean that his isn't valuable (and possibly regarded as extremely valuable by some).

I don't think he switched anything mid-stream. I think his point about the phimosis is that while it's not a huge deal by any means, it could be a tie-breaking issue (and would be for him personally) in the choice. His main point seems to be (to me) that there isn't any need to go either way medically.

As for the social aspect of it, it seems very strange to me that you are arguing the point so adamantly. It seems fairly obvious to me that while it's likely not a big deal by any means, American society certainly is more used to (if not favors) men who have had circumcision (which isn't necessarily a good thing). And btw, saying Irie is as 'out of his depth' in social matters as you are in medical matters makes no sense to me. Are you a Sociologist who is familiar with studies on this issue?

I dunno, I certainly don't think there is a correct answer to this question, but knowledge and opinions from someone who has discussed this issue with hundreds of individuals/couples, read literature pertaining to the topic and has performed hundreds of circumcisions would be welcome I'd assume.

Yugoslav