Thread: AAxx philosophy
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: AAxx philosophy

Actually, I typically prefer to avoid TRYING to get my stack in preflop in PLO, even if in generally high EV spots, given the variance it creates. Obviously no hand is really ever more than a 60-65% favorite over any other reasonable hand, and I´m relatively confident in my post flop play, so I´d prefer to see more than just my hole cards before committing my stack if possible. Obviously the exception to this what I mentioned earlier, where if I can commit more than two thirds of my stack preflops, especially heads up, Ill often, but not always roll the dice.

That said, hands I wouldnt muck for any amount of money preflop would be hands like 89TJ, 9TJQss, TJQKss, AKTJss, etc. If I have a strong read on AA Id obviously prefer not to have an ace in my hand, and Ill also be more likely to call with almost any semi-connected cards or two suited pairs like KKJJ or even TTQQ hoping to make trips or two pair. Ive made a lot of money with any two pair stacking off newbies who cant let go of AA.