View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Karma, Doing the Right Thing and Ms. Manners

[ QUOTE ]
So a few months ago I go shopping because I need a new wedding/funeral outfit. I do not get charged for the jacket. I'm with my 15 year old son....lesson time. So I call them the next day, they are a tad stunned, they give me 50% off the jacket as a thank you. Son had the right answer too! I'm not sure I would have at age 15. I'm sure I didn't at age 15.......

Fast forward three months. I just finished my seasonal business and had the worst year in 10 years. I will need to augment my income this winter by bagging groceries, playing "it" online or something. However both bagging groceries and playing "it" are currently running around minimum wage which will not support three teenagers in the manner to which they are accustomed, so I am reduced to robbing gas stations.
I am hoping the others who responded to you can help me do this in the most ethical and effective manner possible. Do you think not using a weapon as a pursuasive tool will negatively affect the ROI? I am considering "multi-stationing" but am afraid it will affect my "read" on individual clerks. I am also not sure at what level to begin, rural single clerk stations or multi-clerk where there are likely to be bigger payouts......
sorry, didn't mean to hijack your question, the caffiene just happened to kick in mid way through my story...

[/ QUOTE ]

YSSCKY