Thread: MTH v2.005
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Dead tables

[ QUOTE ]
There should probably be something done about dead tables. If I sit-out at a table or miss my blind, that table quickly gets lost under the pile, never to be heard from again. I look at the MTH screen and say "Boy. I'm 8-tabling without any problems." Turns out I'm actually 5-tabling with 3 dead. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

First off, it's hard for MTH to define what a "dead table" is. The best way I can think of to implement this is to simply remember the last time a table was brought to the foreground. If it's been more than 10 minutes, it's likely a dead table. (At 20 minutes, it's gotta be. I'm not sure what the right time is.)

After a table is designated as dead, I'm not exactly sure what to do with it. Maybe bring it to the foreground and ask the user if they want to close it? Maybe designate a specific quadrant where tables go to die? I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your suggestions, they're on the todo list.

Regarding dead tables, you can check the "Move tables where i'm sitting out / not seated" to a specific location. Then you can select a specific location for those tables under the area tab, and in that way you can reserve a specific corner of one of the monitors for dead tables.

A dead table is currently defined as one we're you're either not seated, or where you have been seated, but is sitting out now.