View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Another Preflop Poll

Just a few thoughts to add before bed. I would never raise 4 limpers with 8s in a full game but when I think about the nature of shorthanded play I think our equity is much larger vs your avg loosey limping hand range. It's not as though all these guys are holding QJ, JT, KT, etc. Loose 6 maxers limp in with crap and do it often. Q6s, 53, A2, 34s. I think raising 4 tightish/average playing limpers would be bad but when you think about some of the utter crap that these people could be holding 88 looks like the nuts and is probably a decent favorite.

I think our preflop equity is fine, but the problem for most people (including myself) is that playing a medium PP in a pot that we bloated OOP is a pain in the ass, and although it all might be slightly +EV, the reluctance to put ourself in that kind of situation has a lot of people checking and looking for a favorable flop in a smaller pot so we can better push our edges, which I can also understand. I've been playing around with both raising and checking lately with mixed results. I think it's close. Goodnight/Good morning HUSH.