Thread: Craps
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 05:59 AM

Default Re: Does it require faith?

Your question was if it isn't cheating then why would it attract heat? Um, because it's still advantage play, just like counting cards. But it does not gain as much heat because of the debate as to whether or not it's for real. Depending on the joint and who's on staff, you will see the whole spectrum of beliefs, from being paranoid about it to not believing in it to not even being aware of it.
And no one is doing this at the high roller level because that WOULD gain too much heat.

I really am surprised at the people on this site for having such a strong opinion against precision shooting without enough information to form an educated opinion. Seriously, I'd think people at this website would be attracted to the possibility that craps may be beatable and would jump at the chance to learn how and see for themselves if it's for real. But the reaction to precision shooting is as if we're talking about the Martingale. If you need mathematical, recorded proof, the book Get the Edge at Craps by Scoblete has a lot of mathematical information on this subject, which comes from thousands of recorded throws of the dice. That is the only book I've read on it. My other experience was the weekend seminar, and it was enough to make me a believer.

You guys should at least read a couple books on the subject before you decide how you feel about precision shooting. Especially with the current blackjack conditions and the fact that craps is DAMN fun, the players are cooler, the dealers are cooler and more competant, it's something worth checking out.