View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: DUCK IS AT STARS 500K FINAL TABLE (10:50 EST)

aiight, i'll chime in about this tourney.

thanks for the support everyone who was sweating and rooting for me, it really helps... right now i'm high on adrenaline as despite frequently helping/sweating my friends, i haven't played many tourneys and this is my first tourney cash so it's a good one to cash in.

my thoughts are... luck is huge i guess. i was lucky to only get in 4 situations where i had to rely on luck for all of my chips. i was card dead most of the night and early on my steals were all getting called so it looked like it would be a short night, but a couple key all ins for all my chips kept me alive.

early on i made a bad read and pushed all in with 55, to flop a set of 555 vs kk. that doubled me up.

next one is in mid-tourney, i limp KQs utg with about 15bb's left. folded to SB who pushes, then BB who also pushes. i put SB on some sort of weak aces and BB on apocket pair or an ace as well and decide to make the call for a total of 8bb's or so. sure enough it is AJo and 66, i spike a K to do pretty well.

3rd is table is pretty weak, blinds 10/20k and i have 200k, i push utg with J7s since blinds and antes were about 35k. sb looks me up with KQs and i flop two pair... that was huge.

lastly i had QQ v AKs all in preflop and AK flops a flush draw but i still take it down.

otherwise i think just a lot of steals and resteals. most every time i raised with trash i took it down (which was all too frequently. my fave was i am talking to azk on IM and he's asking me about my cards, and i look down to ANOTHER 27o, so im facing a button minraise and ihave about 11 big blinds and i say to azk ya know i think i'm going to push. so i push to take it down. gotta love 27o) so i guess my J7s was a doyle-esque freeroll, a la super system. i played a pretty solid game and had luck on my side which is always important. (i think i still prefer cash games!) of course i couldn't stop luck from knocking me out, but it's nice to finally have a decent finish so thanks guys for the support [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]