View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Re: A very quick question. 6 MAX

[ QUOTE ]
Your advantage is dramatically increased over bad players because you can isolate them more often and steal their blinds more often. Not to mention you have more opportunities to outplay postflop (you don't have to showdown the best hand as much).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what level thats true at but in .5/1 and 1/2 it just isnt true ( at least not in the times I play ), your blind steals will get called virtually all the time by bad players and you cant isolate because other bad players will call down too if they hold any kind of draw. I guess if the level you play is weak tight it might be true though.

Generally though there are of course more decisions to be made which might be an increased advantage if it werent for the increased aggression in these games combined with the fact that your own hand will generally be weaker than in full ring both of which will blunt any advantage gained here.

Finally, I'd also observe that if your advantage were actually increased the poker sites wouldnt implement these tables because the fish would go broke to fast, its better for the sites that they go broke slower thus generating more rake for them instead of profit for you. Oddly my main observation of 6-max so far is that the rake is horrendous.

Fairly obviously though, if the level concerned is full of weak tighties you can make a killing by simply running them over though.