View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: In desperate need of someone to review my play for my last 16k han

Hey Balkii,

Check this thread out. Look at the graph for 2BB/100 given a 17SD. It's really scary how long a 1-2+BB/100 winner can theoretically run bad for.

I've been there and back, all I can say is it isn't easy. You understand the experience...every day sitting down fresh, concentrating, improving one's game each day...all to have more big losing days than winning days, and you don't know why. The answer is simple - VARIANCE. It happens. IT SUCKS.

We have to learn to cope. I was 2+ BB/100 at every limit below 5/10, then spent about 100k at 5/10 for 1.5 BB/100(with a 30k breakeven stretch in there). My first 17k at 10/20 were straight down, -400BB. I've rallied from it and i'm even taking shots at 15/30 now, but it's left my winrate in shambles over the last 100k.

We have to be honest with ourselves though. Do you tilt? Are you stuck on autopilot? It's easy to say "I should 3bet him because I have a set," but did you do a rough hand-range analysis in your mind? Did you consider the size of the pot? All simple things that many of us simply stop doing because so much becomes habitual. Getting off of autopilot did wonders for my confidence at least, and hopefully my increased results as well.

Good luck with it. I'm really busy right now and don't have time to look through your DBs, but I'd be happy to do a hand swap with you in November when things get quiter.

Surf