View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Re: thinkin WA/WB, but then it just kept gettin uglier

[ QUOTE ]
I also would raise the flop. SOme opponents can 3bet you with air so if I think he's one of those I might not sometimes. But this is way too often a pair worse than ours. He sees the AAx and thinks, heh, that's scary for him if he doesn't have an A, i might have the best hand, he might fold, I'll bet. Raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think raising the flop is going to get him to back down. He probably anticipates a 3bettable ace preflop to wait for the turn.

I think if i call the turn, i call the river. The turn is much scarier than the river, in the sense that it completed an overcard that you may have been vulnerable to and a flush.

The king is fairly harmless (in light of the queen) when you consider what he potentially has. KQ already had you beat. KJ is unlikely given you have two jacks. Do you think he raises K/10 preflop and leads here? K/9? If not, then the king rarely changes anything.

I fold the turn though without a read to suggest he's extremely aggressive. If he is, i just call the whole way.