View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Girlfriend Advice Needed

You abused your girlfriend's trust. Whether she might find out is not relevant. You now have a choice. You can A) abuse her trust again by not telling her or B) take responsibility for your actions.

Cue lots of people coming up with the most ridiculous ideas in the world about why nothing good comes of taking responsibility.

If you care about her, it's a pretty simple choice. Do you respect her? Do you want what's best for her? If you answer yes then you have to tell her and let her decide if it's worth continuing the relationship with you. She'll be hurt, but she'll get over it soon because you've only been together an extremely short amount of time. She'll have a better idea of who she should and shouldn't trust in the future. Most of all, it puts the ball back in her court and allows her to continue her life as she believes is best, not how your selfish instincts think is best. Anything else means that deep down, you don't really care that much about her, you care about what she does for you. "I'm not going to tell her because it would only hurt her and then she might do something not in her best interest like leave me, when I'm clearly the best thing for her," is just a rationalized form of "I'm a coward and I don't really care about her after all, but I like having sex on a regular basis." Truly amazing how many people defend that logic though.

"Am I a terrible person?" is just asking people to tell you it's okay to lie to her. You definitely acted like an ass; whether you are a terrible person or not will soon be determined by what you do after acting like an ass.

P.S.- If you can't control yourself, lay off the drink. There's nothing more infuriating than someone who puts him/herself into risky situations so as to induce the "But I didn't mean to- it just happened" defense after something bad happens.

P.P.S.- Listen to KKF EVEN IF HE DOES HAVE A BROKEN CAPSLOCK KEY.