View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Stud8b Wheel - text book play?

My initial response was going to be along the lines of, "no, this isn't textbook, because textbooks don't bother with stuff like this. Of course you pound the pot with this one." Since there has been some discussion, however, I won't say that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I like how you played this hand. This is $.50/1.00. I don't really see the need to keep people in. Everyone called three bets on fourth street. It seems entirely reasonable to hope that they will call two cold on fifth. Flat-calling and going for over-calls is fine too, but I prefer a raise. When you lose players as you did, you improve your chances of winning the high side (if this were high-only, I wouldn't be all that crazy about a wheel in a six-way pot--would you?). If you get a bunch of callers, you stand to win half of a very large pot. You can't know if they'll call two bets unless you give them a chance to.

I think you've gotten results-oriented responses. If three people had called along on fifth, everyone would have liked the raise.