View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Am I supposed to flat call this river?

Borodog,
I am no expert of this game and am just getting my feet wet in the 2-4 game. But here is my 2 cents worth. Please advise if my thinking is incorrect.

On the Flop UTG does not want the board paired. Okay if we believe him than he has AK for the straight. Lets move to the turn...

Turn you Raise and he just calls. If he has QQ and was misleading you on the flop then I would think he would have raised once more with the nut full house (baring that quads is out there potentially) and see where he stands. If he has 10-10 He may raise again to see where he stands.

If he believes you have a full house and he has AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is his only out and you mentioned he is a good player most of the time, so I would have thought on the turn if he had AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] most likely he would have folded and respected the full house out there with the only one out for the flush to win the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

With this all being said, my thought when the 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] hits on the river and he bets, I would have raised once putting him on QQ or 10-10 first of, second i would put him on AK anything and trying to buy the pot with the aggressive bet, and lastly I would put him on AK [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the royal.

Thus I would have raised his river bet once and called his reraise if he did and just grin and bear it with my quad jacks.

Thats my 2 cents worth on how I would have played it.

Hope all worked out for you.
The Colonel