View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: $.25/.50 Did I have the odds to call straight draw?

[ QUOTE ]
Even at a loose table, a UTG or UTG+1 raise indicates a certain level of hand strength. Not to mention that the fact that the TABLE is loose doesn't tell us anything about the RAISER (lots of TAGs play at loose tables). So, even at 9:1, in the absence of other information, playing an offsuited one-gapper with no high-card value is a touch loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

But with 9 to 1 pot odds, don't I just need a 10% or better chance to win to make this a good call? Sorry I haven't looked but I would imagine that with 5 players, even if one player had AA and the others had combinations of things like Ax and QJ, that I would still have at least a 10% chance plus added implied odds for if I hit against the loose callers.

I'm actually not trying to say I'm right and you're wrong, I'm just curious about calling a 2 bet from the BB in other situations as well as I normally call them. Like if I'm heads up with the SB who two bet PF, I will normally call because even if I am behind I'm getting 3 to 1 on my money, so I just need a 25% chance to win to break even.

Have I been going at this the wrong way? Seriously, please enlighten me.