View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 10:12 PM

Default Re: pre-flop decision

[ QUOTE ]
I would have attacked the blinds and the limpers with that hand by betting 7500. Unless UTG was limping with a powerful hand because the table had been aggressive, he probably isn't calling, both blinds are most likely not calling, and I doubt UTG+1 is going to call here, although out of everyone he is most likely to call.

Raising that amount is significant to everyones stack, and everyone but UTG+1 is going to be squeezed since they are not last to act (both blinds are going to fold unless they got a monster here, and UTG is either pushing over you or folding). You'd probably pick up a 5250 pot here by doing this, and if you get reraised, you got a good hand to go one on one with depending on who does what (if one of the blinds goes all in, fold, they aren't likely to bluff there).

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the raise to 7500 here. I don't think we can fold if one of the blinds move all-in and does not get called.

Say the BB moves in, the pot will be: 34134
1500 (limp)+ 1500 (limp) + 7500 (our raise) + 750 (sb)+ 22884 (BB' all in)

We will have only 15384 left to call, so we will be getting pot odds of 2.2-1.

If villain would makes this move with JJ+ and AK, our equity is about 33.5%, a call would be +EV since we only need 31% with those pot odds (assuming I did not mess up the math).