View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 09:19 PM

Default Too Cool for School

Played this hand earlier today at the $1000 WSOP Circuit Event in Louisville. This was the one interesting hand that I played, and I'd like to hear some thoughts on it.

It is about 1h 50 minutes in, on the 2nd level of the tournament. Blinks are 25/50. I have been playing and raising a lot of pots, and I THINK I have a loose, but reasonable (post-flop) image. The BB has been playing VERY tight, and has shown down only one hand, which was AK.

I pick up 99 in the SB. One guy limps in. I raise it to 200. The BB thinks for a bit, and then calls. The limper calls.

Flop comes Ah Qh 9x

Bingo! I'm praying someone has an ace, so I check. BB thinks, then bets 250. He has about 2200 behind. The limper folds. I have 1750 left and raise to 600. BB thinks forever and then finally just calls.

Turn is 8x. I check. BB thinks for about 30 seconds and then shoves all-in for 1200 more. I call and turn over the set. BB instantly mucks his hand.

After I busted out, I talked to the BB while we were playing in a sidegame, and he revealed that he held 45d. I've thought about that hand for a few hours, and I'm just baffled. Is this just too fancy for me to understand, or does this guy just suck? Any general comments on how I played the hand?

Michael