View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: How should this have been played?

Not as lucky as I did last night.

$1/2 NL, $300 cap, at a homegame.

Hand 1- I had built my stack to up over $200 when I get QTs and raise from late position. Several callers, flop is AsKsQd. I open for 30, button raises me to $130. He had reraised me on a previous hand for an extra $100 and I had dumped my hand, so with that history and the straight and flush draws I figured I had out if I was beaten.... so I reraise all-in.
He quickly called with AQ, but I caught the spade on the turn and it held up for a $500 pot.

Hand 2- I'm in the hole now, had to buy back in. We're four-handed, I get KK and raise preflop from the SB. Flop comes J57 rainbow. The button player in the first hand makes it $15, the next player makes it $30 and I go to $60. BB now makes it $160 to go. I thought for a bit and then called, leaving me with around $50 left. The turn is a blank, the BB puts me all-in, which I have to call. He has 75... but I hit one of my miracle 8 outs on the river for trips and another $400+ pot.

To say this guy was steaming (he'd gotten rivered by a gutshot straight when all of the money went into the middle on the flop) was an understatement.

Lucky lucky me! :P