View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 06:39 PM

Default Re: TPTK raised on river

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with both these assertions...but I think I think the "folding too much is a big mistake on the river" is a fallacy... at aggressive games where players will pick up on it + exploit it, sure. But in low limit games these loose/passive players they have the goods 90%+ of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm confident i've made the same point about the difference between these spots in passive low limit games and aggro high limit games many times - its still a generalisation though - for what its worth i still play a bit in the low/mid limits as the mood takes me and whilst there are plenty more players who have aggression factors below .5 on the turn and river there is still a large number who get sick of me betting all the time and start taking shots at me with crap - i think "fallacy" is harsh

for me it all comes down to having a read or perhaps more particularly knowing your chook

the other thing i can usefully say is that i have seen several players with pokertracker stats that say they call down way way more than would be advocated in this forum and they are comfortably beating the game - of-course there are a bunch of conditions that go with such a player but the general success of that style argues that folding too much is an indictable offence and calling down a misdemeanour - certainly folding too much is the hallmark of weak tight and thats the most common disease experienced by players posting in this forum

stripsqueez - chickenhawk