View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Is an all-in here totally out of line?

[ QUOTE ]
1) The payout is $70/$10.All that matters now is that first place pays seven times second place.
If the payout is 500/440/430 then our strategy should be exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of us is confused. You shouldn't change your strategy based on whether winner gets 7 times second place or whether winner gets almost the same as second place? But, yes the payout difference between 2nd and 3rd is irrelevant here.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Youre pushing 110 chips into a guy that has 4 chips invested, what matter here is the SB not the BB.
I think betting 20 is better because it gives u a chance to see a flop with position( let alone skill adv.) this is not a SNG where u have to fold to pushes with better hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a SNG. BB is 8. You have like 14 BBs. I think if you raise to 20 (2.5 BBs) you are gonna have to fold if SB pushes.

Being as 1st pays 7 times as much as 2nd - F 2nd place, so I don't wanna fold to SB now or after the flop, so push.

I don't think it's a huge diff though since SB is described as passive which gives you a great chance of doubling when you hit and not busting when you don't.

edit: it was a later post he was described as not aggressive, but fearless.