View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Value betting the river

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet 1/2 pot. I'd check behind if there wasn't a 5 on the turn though. The only thing ur scared of here is a sraight(or 5% a complete donkey with a set). The straight is almost impossible unless villan has KQc or 78c exactly. I'd probably call a push too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like this advice. no hand is calling that doesn't beat you. we also don't know your table image so if hero is seen as loose you can expect 55, KQo (not just suited) and 78o. and if u say "he isn't calling the turn bet with 87o" that 5 turn gives him a double belly.

WAWB nice check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like this advice.

First off, there are several hands that are calling that we beat. KJ, QJ, JT, J9, J8 are definitely calling. AT, KT, QT would possibly call a value bet as well. Obviously T9 is calling, but if he had T9 he most likely would've raised sometime before the river.

Second, if he hit a straight with KQ or 87, he probably would've bet out seeing as his outs are scare cards and he would fear a check behind. It's also statistically less likely he has a Q because we have 2 of them.

Third, how in the world does the 5 on the turn give him a double belly?

As for my advice. I'd value bet this river. But I would probably put in a little less than 1/2 the pot. If he has a hand like AT or KT, he'd still likely call this. Probably a bet around $40-50. I would also call a c/r push from him considering the size of the pot, his stack isn't very large, and considering a lot of people might c/r with JT or J9.