Thread: Easy call?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Easy call?

well i'm not a losing player but I don't look at it like folding a set. It seems lots of people on here like calling when they think/know they're beaten. I know I will never convince anybody on here but whatever here's my pathetic attempt...

pf there is a raise, one person cold calls, hero called, bb minireraises (narrow his hands down), original raiser calls, cold caller does his thing, hero does his thing and we go to the flop.

Not often the BB is leading into 3 people w/o a hand here, so given his donkish preflop play I give him credit for a real hand. Which leads us to the turn.

It's an Ace, awesome. It's HU hero checks, BB checks. Now this action does nothing to narrow down his hand range because he could still have AA/KK/QQ/slight chance of AKs/o.

River is a duece. Hero bets half pot, villain raises. Now why would villain do this? He certainly doesn't have KK/QQ now. Since he checked the turn and given his donkish play preflop I give him credit for AA and a very slight AKo/s hand. I am destroyed against one and the other I don't believe is very likely.

So I guess I'll say it. Would I fold it? No. I would check/call the river. That's right, I know nobody can believe it but that is what I would do. I would try to induce a bluff from what is hopefully KK/QQ since they likely fold to a river bet.

Thank you I wasted 10 minutes of my life trying to convince everybody who thinks they're always right.