View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Vegas in December.

[ QUOTE ]
In June, I played for the first time live at MGM and the Trop. I beat a 1/2 game for awhile at the Trop, but pulled a Sir Robin, "when danger reared its ugly head, Sir Robin turned his back and fled," at the MGM when I found out the 1/2 I bought into was No Limit and someone raised $160.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the terrible thread hijack but this reminded me a phone call I got yesterday. My roommate from college, who is now a VP of some big company in Chicago, called me to tell me his newest poker story. He was at the Excalibur last week and wanted to play some poker. He plays in a home game but I don't think he has ever played in a B&M.

He gets on the list for $1/$2 as he wants to play small to start. He gets to the table finally and buys in for $300. After a few hands he posts the blind and waits to look at his cards until it is his turn. A few people call and when it gets back to him he looks down to find AA. He raises it to $2 and waits. There is one call and then some older lady makes it $50. JT immediately stands up and asks how someone can make it $50 in $1/$2 game. The dealer explains that it is NL, he gets all red from embarrasement and sits back down. Everyone folds to him, he moves in for the rest of his $300, old lady calls. She turns over KK, his AA holds, he gets up and leaves.

I just thought that you might enjoy hearing another newbie story.

NZ