View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 07:45 AM

Default Re: Pokerroom=greedyass SOB\'s

It used to be that players playing at the lower limits got very few points if any because the rake never went above $.50. Now any raked hand at $.10 or higher gets .07 pts per $.10, and that ratio stays the same all the way up to their max of $3 rake or 2.1 pts. What this means is that a 7 point per dollar bonus is the same as 100% rakeback and at full LHE ring games 3/6 and higher, their bonus is better than Party Poker's 5x raked hand bonuses. A 10 pt bonus is 70% rakeback and this seems a reasonable rate, they are out to make some money after all.

What's probably going to be a thing of the past are the bonuses that actually cost a poker room money (I don't understand how places like Absolute survive) and Empire poker already demonstrated once that they don't mind kicking people like this off their network (probably regret it now, ha!). It's fine that some players are never comfortable playing outside the microlimits (did you know that online poker is rigged?) but poker rooms want long term customers who don't mind paying a reasonable amount of rake as part of doing business. A %70 discount for tables that are already big money makers for me is alright in my book.