View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: 10/20 6max QQ flop play

[ QUOTE ]
In short. If you bet there is no guarantee that BT will raise with worse hands than yours. But if you check there is almost a 100% certainty that he will bet, which gives you the opportuniy to CR and trap SB for at least 2 SB with a hand that is probably very weak...

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is huge, dont we want to maximize our chance to win it? I think button raises this flop almost every time to try shut out the other players. You are pretty much working with him as a team on the flop, both of you benefit by giving the others bad odds so there is no reason for both of you not to do it.
If you CR and someone else picks up a profitable draw on the turn which he would have folded to a flopraise, thats really bad in such a big pot.
I think its interesting, both lines make sense. But which one is actually better? I always try to win the big pots as often as possible.
Actually it just comes down to this question:
Do we lose more bets the times someone turns a profitable draw when he would have folded or do we lose more by shutting players out when we have a big edge?