View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Pokerstars Support starting to SUCK

I was snooping around the headsup sit&gos looking for something exciting to play. I noticed that the NL blinds looked fine, but that the PL blinds were really weird. Levels 9-14 were all the same, and nothing matched the NL blinds. Obviously it was an error. Also, on the tournament info for the headsup sit&gos it says: “Starting chips and blinds double every round”. Obviously this isn’t true. The blinds don’t double and SURELY the chips don’t double!
So I emailed support and expected an answer from a knowledgeable person that would probably say "yup, that’s a mistake, let me get someone to fix it, thanks for pointing it out".
Instead I got this:

Thank you for your email. Please be aware that in the Heads Up Sit and Go
Tournaments you are only starting with 1500 chips so it is very rare that a
tournament would ever go past the 200/400 blind levels whether NL/PL or
Fixed.

Concerning the comment of the blinds and chips doubling each round - this
refers to the 4 way Heads Up matches that are available where both players
proceed to the final with 3000 chips but by doing thie doubling of
everything then the structure of the tournament essentially stays the same
as the previous round.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Ed
PokerStars Support Team

So he tells me that I would ONLY be starting with 1,500 in chips (that doesn’t sound encouraging), then basically tells me that the error in the structure wont matter anyway, so ignore it.
Then he tells me something about 4 way tournaments, which doesn’t even remotely address my question. In a headsup (not 4 way) lobby it says doubling chips and blinds.
Assume I was asking about these 4 way tournaments, his answer makes absolutely zero sense.

It appears that stars support is going the way of the pooper.