View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 03:56 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: An answer-maybe not the answer, any thoughts?

Good players go where the value is, rakeback makes up some of the value on harder sites but it is completely possible that no rakeback is needed to keep a player at a fishy site.

I absolutly agree.

Can we also concede that bonuses and reload bonuses are just site rakeback?

In that rake back and bonuses are ways of reducing a players cost of playing, yes I think we can agree to that. It's even more so in the current structure of how bonuses are released since a terrible player won't have access to that money until he loses a significant sum. If he got it upfront, like many online csinos I think we could argue that a different dynamic is happening.

Rakeback, also by the way keeps a lot of break even to losing players in the game. That often gets lost in this discussion.

Now we have a difference of opinion. Rakeback won't be more helpfull to this crew than rake reduction would be. Again if you lowered the cost of rake they would be in action longer and possibly marginal winners versus marginal losers. Take the total of what these guys generate in rake and take a third of it, then compare it to the return they get in rakeback, the numbers just don't compare.