Thread: HULA ML Cleanup
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: HULA ML Cleanup

thanks wonk for the kinds words. We can end it however the majority see fit, and I won't have a complaint. The only point I was trying to make was that many of the rest of the participants have been silent and remiss for weeks and weeks and weeks - and it just struck me as some kind of wierd poker god irony that all of a sudden when I'm swamped at work, it's gonna revive. Kind of like it feels when you are running bad and having river after river go against you. That's all I was saying. For me, it's not about the money. It was about putting together a team and then doing the best we could against other good players - that was the fun of it. I'm not intending to keep winnings anyway - that's "found money" and the kind of thing I generally target for donation. Maybe as a group we should just donate the entire prize pool to a worthwhile charity. Heaven knows many people in this world in much worse shape than I suspect most of us are - we are all lucky - we can play poker for fun and (hopefully) make money while we're at it. Good night.