View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 11:04 PM

Default Re: vegas trip report and hand

I'm not sure I understand the PF action... villian is behind us.. and we have two people in front of us, and there's only 120 in the pot?

Let's just pretend there's only 1 person in front of you.

PF: Standard.
Flop: Fine.
Turn: What do you think villian could have called you with on the flop? Probably any PP, and obviously a 9 or a 4. Will he fold these hands if you bet again? Will he call down with his pair hands? He's probably drawing at 5 outs at most., more likely only two. Is he capable of floating on you here to take the pot away later?

When you check to him on the turn, you are putting out the white flag and looking very weak, and yet villian didn't bet. This makes it likely that he's got something good, and doesn't want to scare you off. However, he also might just have a pair and be trying for a cheap showdown.

River: Block bet looks fine, if you think he was just looking for cheap showdown.

I think you have to fold to this raise. If he had air, I think he would have bet the turn. I can't really see a worse hand than yours raising here without having bet the turn.

Of course... this all comes down to read.

BTW: Have fun with your trip.