View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Live $2/$5 Non-Standard Set Line

Allright.. well, I'm not getting much feedback on this one, so I'll say my thought process.

PF: Pretty standard. Sometimes I might raise. When villian raises, he has a very narrow hand range. I'm not even 100% sure he would raise AKo here.

Flop: Alright.. now leading here is obviously the standard play, but I checked for a few reasons.
Villian is very likely (I would say 80% or so) to have a big pair here, and he will bet it 100% of the time, if he does.

When villian fires out his bet (which would be somewhere between 200-300) it is very likely that he picks up 2-3 callers who will call with any piece of the board or any kind of draw. I am not so sure that these players will make these calls if there is a bet and a raise to them, although the draws still come.

Once he gets a few callers, I plan on check/raising the field. While this is obviously a very strong play, and may get people to lay down, no draws are going anywhere, and I don't think that the donks can fold getting the massive pot odds they're being offered if they think they have any kind of chance to win the pot. Thus, I feel that there is a good chance I can stack 2 or more of the donks.

Obviously, I risk a free card here, but I think that it is a very rare situation.

Turn: When villian checked behind, I was 95% sure that he had AK, and that he had now hit top pair. When it checked to me, and I saw him ready to fire, I figured that this was a great opportunity. Again... it is very likely that 1 or more of the donks calls this bet (and yes, they will still call with any draw, here), and my logic behind my flop check again applies.

If it folds to me (which I figured had about a 25% chance of happening) I thought that villian would never be able to put me on a hand, and would think that I was full of [censored], and would call with AK.

Meh?