View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: I am worried today

yes...on pokerstars cash-outs (depending on amount relative to your deposits I believe) it can often-times be instant.
Although it still does take a couple days to get it back to your bank (if that's a concern).

The fact that neteller is free and easy is the greater incentive for me...the fact that it is a little faster than a check in the mail is nice also.

I did not have to give neteller my SS# to open my account I think...but this was over 2 years ago.

I suspect that if I opened a new one THEN I would have to give my SS#.

Yes - it is my understanding (from what I've read here) that neteller, although not an American company, is willing to cooperate with IRS requests.
So your transactions might not be immediately noticeable by the IRS. But if you have a neteller account that is attached to a bank and the IRS decides to come looking into any other transactions that were made through neteller that did NOT appear in your bank, then you are obligated to show them your neteller records (it's the law, so I've been informed). And if you don't cooperate then they can either make assumptions that you're probably hiding something (I think) or they can ask neteller to show them your records, or both.

I think that trying to mess with the IRS in this way is likely not a long-term +EV play.