View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 06:48 PM

Default Live tourney, I have 55.

Middle of a live tourney. Roughly 12 out 38 players remain. Villian is much better than me and the last 5-6 times we've wrestled I've lost. I feel certain I was outplayed on those occasions and didn't lose entirely due to randomness. The stack amounts are estimates based on what I could see and remember.

Live No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed)

Villian (t6000)
BB (t4000)
Hero (t2000)
MP (~t800)
MP1 (medium)
CO (medium)
Button (large)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero Calls t200, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Villian calls t100, BB checks.

Flop: (t600) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian checks, BB checks, Hero bets t300, Villian calls, <font color="#666666">BB folds</font>.

Turn: (t1800) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian bets t300, Hero?

Pre-flop is questionable, I know, I guess I was hoping to get lucky (and did). On the flop I wanted to give any draws really bad odds to call and any big hands some incentive to stay or raise. But, on the turn when Villian bets into me I wasn't sure what to do. In white below is what I did next:

<font color="#FFFFFF">I called t300.
River: (t2400) 9d (2 players)
Villian first asked "How much you got?", making a move like to put me all-in, then lays out t500 and says, "Let's make it just 500." I thought it out as best I could and folded. I was pretty sure Villian had the Ad, but the action leading up to the river is confusing me for some reason.
</font>

Thanks.