View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: First hand of tourney w/ suited ace

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop, you definately don't want to raise. You only raise with this hand when you have a chance to steal the blinds. Limp, or fold if you think the pot will be raised.

-- OK, I can understand limping, but what makes you think the pot will be raised? First hand, don't know any player tendencies.

I might have folded to the preflop raise. You need very deep money or chances to steal the pot the play this hand. You do have position and a multiway pot.

-- 75bb isn't deep money?

I would bet the flop, you may be the favorite here and you have position. You could even push. There is 300 in the pot and you have 1400.

-- Why should I bet here? To stop gutshots from seeing free cards? I'm really only looking for a flush card, so giving away a free card isn't going to change my mind if a flush card hits. Also, why would I want to go all in here? I have 1400 behind, and it's only a 300 pot. If I am behind, I lose everything if a flush card or possibly an ace hits (although that isn't a given)

Definately call on the turn and hope SB doesn't put in a big reraise. The bets are not big in relation to the pot. Someone may be drawing to a lower flush, so you could double up. The J and A are also possible outs.

Possibly, but I really don't trust an ace there...

[/ QUOTE ]

You might expect a raise because it is the first hand of the tournament and there tends to be loose action.

You have 75xBB, but once the pot is raised, you put in 1/15th of your stack with a weak speculative hand.

Bet the flop the take down the pot. No one else seems interested.

I might just push and hope no one is slow playing a set. If someone calls with a pair, you are about even with pot odds.

If you bet 200 and are called, you may get a free card on the turn. You could take it, or try again to take the pot on the turn.