View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: i lead out with an oesd sucker draw pair of 7s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check-fold the flop. You have an underpair and a 1-card ass-end draw to a losing straight. Do you want to make trips? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this strongly. Heads up, your draw is likely to be good, or your set will be good, or both. Of course, occasionally he has QJ, it's hard for him to have a queen and a pair, and even then you're drawing to 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't heads-up going to the flop, 4 people saw the flop. Not only will a J give someone with a Q a higher straight, the Jd and 6d could give someone a flush, or certainly a redraw for someone holding a lone diamond.

Now, back to the OP's question.

There are only two reasons you could have for betting this flop: for value, or as a semi-bluff. Obviously it can't be for value, since I think your equity against 3 players is quite low on this very coordinated board.

So that means you're betting strictly as a semi-bluff, and not for value. However, for a semi-bluff to be right, there has to be a reasonable chance that your bet will take down the pot uncontested. I think on this board, against 3 players, that chance is almost zero, so a semi-bluff bet cannot be right.

Personally, I check-fold this flop with this small pot.