View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Laying down KK vs. a nit

lol, how about you just read the thread?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks ok to me. I might have raised the flop to $10 to try and discourage flush draws more.

Once the Jd came on the turn, it's too bad that villian only bet $5. I think you're way behind just about anything he'd limp/call your flop raise with. He may have already had a set, a straight draw got there with the J, a flush draw got there with the diamond, JJ just hit a set, etc. For only $5 on the turn, however, I can't see myself folding either. The bad part about the $5 call, however, is that if he has the nut flush, and you call the turn only to river a low diamond, are you going to stack off with a K-high flush? This is a dangerous situation.

At the river, folding to the $15 bet is probably best.

I'd like to say that folding to the turn $5 bet would be better against this villain because he clearly has SOMETHING better than KK, and drawing to the non-nut flush might be a disaster for you. That being said, I think I would have probably played this like you did anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my diamond draw is 100% live on the turn. I think he folds AQd pre-flop, and if he doesn't, I think this opponent check/calls a big draw rather than potting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted that in response to the first reply. flat mode is your friend.