View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: late in multi..how long do you wait

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In this exact spot, I'm pushing pairs, an ace, two broadway cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd *much* rather push this Q9 than A2-A5. I think A2-A5 (and probably A6, maybe A7) are easy mucks here, since you will be about a 3-1 dog against any hand that calls. With Q9, you could easily be a coinflip against a pair, a 2-1 dog against AK, or a 3-2ish dog against something like AT (a little worse) or A8 (a little better).

I agree with pushing any pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about this. Since everyone knows you could be pushing with anything you are likely to be called with KJ, QJ or K9, etc. I would rather have A5 than Q9 here. At least with A5 you COULD possibly be ahead. With Q9, you're definitely behind. I mean, is Q8 or 10J gonna call you? I'd pass on Q9 here and hope for a better spot...particularly if this is late in a multi when you could possibly move up in the money after another hand or 2. But it's a tough call either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think most players are calling off 80% (the SB) or even 40% (the BB) of their stack with QJ or KJ frankly. Maybe KQ, which has you humped of course, but if you are pushing A2 here, that's the only hand I see calling that *doesn't* have you stuck 3-1.

If he had 6-7x the BB I agree that I'd prefer A2 to Q9 (though I'm pushing either) because the range of calling hands broadens considerably.