View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Party $400 PLO8 hand

[ QUOTE ]
Well, at the time of the turn bet, there are still two people in the pot. Whether the bet makes sense is a combination of a lot of factors, including the chance you are drawing dead, getting AA to fold, the flush hitting on the river, and you hitting the straight and getting paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW, it might matter that the guy who folded on the turn was relatively short (he's the one w/ $180 at the start of the hand). So I figured any strength from him and we'd have heard about it on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]

After the turn flat call by only the preflop raiser, the river bet seems like the right move (although betting less might be OK, too). The turn bet is much less clear to me since there is a pretty large range of hands they could be playing. Taking a peak at their Fold to Flop Bet % might help.

If it was me, I might make the same move, except the river would brick, I'd bet allin and get called by AA. In general, it seems like you are overplaying a mediocre drawing hand, but maybe it's a money-making opportunity in PLO8 that I haven't mastered yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I sort of agree (about me overplaying marginal hands)--that's why I'm posting these marginal hands. I've definitely been running well. Trying to defend these weird plays will hopefully keep me from going off the deep end with "creative" semi-bluffs. I'm going to put another couple hands in this thread, take a look at them for me.