View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Flop a joint, river pairs board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I think he's a donk, I'll check/call hoping he'll bluff. If he's a thinking crafty player, I bet/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this completely backwards? A donk is more likely to have checked the set, or to have limped T6 or 96 UTG. A crafty player seems more likely to bluff his busted flush when he senses weakness. Care to explain your logic?

I guess I'm thinking c/c either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a question of what game level theory is my opponent thinking at. When I say crafty I'm implying that a good player understands that he's taking a risk on a draw heavy board, knowing that you'll think that he's drawing, in order to win a big pot. This is a great spot for that kind of play, and 'most' stars players are thinking players.

I don't consider a 'crafty' player to be someone who will bluff a busted flush draw. Any donk can do that.

Now considering that I just read hero (poster) say this was his first hand at the table, this becomes quite unlikely that a crafty player would make such a move. This hand becomes much more wind tunelled where I'd check/call the river.