View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: -22- AK in lvl 3 vs 2 min-raises and a caller.

[ QUOTE ]
1975 is not exactly dominating. utg min raising with a marginal stack is concerning... then being re-raised is enough for me to drop AK. I would rather push any 2 than put myself at risk for my the majority of my stack in this situation.... expecially when blinds are still 50

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's how I think about this. UTG min-raises, he probably has a hand he doesn't know what to do with, like 77. CO raises to 150. This move accomplishes one thing more than another, it has somewhat of a blocking effect on the remaining players, meaning they now need to call 150, not 100 to play. Certainly, AA isn't playing this way. Button cold calls. I essentially see a bunch of above average, but not premium, hands in this pot.

I don't know how folding here is any good. I'm not worried about the button nor the CO. And of course, there's always some small level of concern from the PFR, but he may be worried about the players acting behind him. I think pushing here is the best option, and calling is ok. I'd be wary of a coordinated flop, but if it's K-rag-rag, you're good to move. But if it's AJ9, KJT, AQT, AND two tone, I'd be a little more cautious before committing the rest of my stack.