View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Drunken Cab Rides

[ QUOTE ]
DC cab drivers suck. I can't wait until they all have meters. I live in Arlington and it's pain in the ass to have to negotiate a reasonable fair with them to drive you 4 miles before even stepping foot into the cab.

I've had similiar experiences with cab drivers threatening to call the cops. But this was only because we agreed to pay the cab $20 to take us home and then we pull up and he says $30. An argument then ensues saying that wasn't the negotiated price. We always just end up paying though since its usually only about 10 dollars. But getting into verbal arguments at 3am with people who barely speak english is always amusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Arlington as well and have this same problem. Trying to get a cab back from DC on a saturday night is a total pain in the ass. Sometimes I just agree to a hgiher price before getting into the cab and then give the guy whatever the "real" price is and tell him to go fvck himself. I once did this when I was really wasted and when the cabby bitched I challenged him to fight me outside the cab. Good times.